Details of Strategic
- We help a group of people through a
process to achieve a plan. The plan can be a strategic plan, or a project
plan. The term project plan covers any plan designed to bring about change.
- Many efforts designed to bring about
change will require that the group which will be involved with or
affected by the change understand the need for and advantages of the
- The change could be a simple as moving
a department from one part of a facility to another or as complex as
resolving inter-departmental responsibility issues .
- We help our clients select the most
appropriate process. For example; SWOT (Strengths Weaknesses, Opportunities,
and Threats) or OOPP (Objectives Oriented Project Planning) or Future
- We guide clients through the process
using a set of tools and techniques usually referred to as facilitation or
- Facilitation in this context means to
help a group of people through a process with the full participation of the
- For a more complete discussion of
facilitation and it's advantages see Team Techniques. If you want to
have trained facilitators on your company staff, see Make Meetings Work.
- There are several reasons to have a
- One reason is that facilitator
can select the most suitable process to solve the perceived problem and keep
the group focused on the task of working through the process. Also the
facilitator has experience of leading groups through a particular process
such as SWOT or OOPP.
- Also the facilitator is familiar with
the many problems that can result from inappropriate behavior in a group and
help the group to deal with those problems.
- An external facilitator is seen to be
a neutral party and can reduce the likelihood of s small number of people
dominating the meeting. Often the chairman is an important person in the
organization and this can result in reducing the level of
participation in a meeting. Some of the more reticent participants are
intimidated to the point of not contributing. Often for a variety of reasons
the chairman will hurry things along in order to "get a decision".
There are numerous other problems with traditional
meetings. For a more complete description, see Team Techniques.
- We can facilitate your meetings.
You will find them more productive.
- You will achieve a much greater level
- You will release and utilize the
creative capability of your group more effectively.
- You will define relevant and
achievable strategic and tactical objectives
- You will dig down to the real problems
and solve them not just their symptoms
- Your group members will have greater
"buy in" to the decisions made at the meeting
- You will have a much greater chance of
achieving your objectives
- You are more likely to achieve company
- Capability 1
- We assist you in planning your
strategic or project planning meetings
- Capability 2
- We provide the equipment and
facilitate your strategic and project planning meetings for you
- Capability 3
- We provide a "photographic"
hard copy record of the results of your meetings. This saves the time
sometimes consumed by "correcting the minutes of the last
- Capability 4
- If required, we will run follow up
meetings to keep your plan "on track".